15 Foods You Should NOT Feed To Your Dog! It Could Kill Them


He may beg, but stay strong: Feeding your pup certain dinner scraps can lead to all kinds of health issues — and, in some cases, even death. When it comes to from-the-table treats, skip these altogether.


1. AVOCADOS




You may love guac, but your dog will not. Avocados contain a toxin called persin. Dogs can develop an upset stomach, breathing difficulties, and fluid buildup in the chest after eating an avocado. Also, the pit is slippery and can easily be swallowed by a dog.


2. ONION AND GARLICK 



Onions contain a compound that damages red blood cells in dogs. After eating onions, a dog will move around less and become weaker. If the dog has eaten too many onions, a blood transfusion may be necessary.


Garlic is part of the onion family, so it's another no-no for dogs. Similar to the effects of onions, dogs will become more lethargic after eating garlic and may need a blood transfusion.


3. CHOCOLATE



You've probably already heard that chocolate is bad for your dog, and the common belief is true. The caffeine and theobromine in chocolate is toxic to dogs, and can cause vomiting, dehydration, seizures, and death among other negative side effects. While all chocolate is dangerous for dogs, darker chocolate is the most toxic with white chocolate being the safest.


4. BACON



Unfortunately, dogs shouldn't be given bacon, as its high fat content can lead to pancreatitis in dogs. Dogs that eat bacon will experience problems with digestion and nutrient absorption.


5. MACADAMIA NUTS



Scientists have only recently discovered that macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs. Although the exact reason for the toxic reaction is still unknown, dogs that have eaten macadamia nuts will experience a weakness or inability to walk, especially in their hind legs.


6. MILK



Like humans, dogs will drink their mother's milk after being born, but lose the enzymes to break it down as they grow older. Drinking milk can cause severe gastrointestinal problems in dogs, and even bacterial exposure that could eventually lead to death.


7. CHEESE



Like milk, dogs don't have the enzymes to break down cheese, so it can cause diarrhea and vomiting if a dog eats it in excess.


8. SUGARLESS GUM



If you love chewing on sugar-free gum, just be sure you keep it away from your dog. Most sugarless gum contains the artificial sweetener Xylitol, which can cause liver damage in dogs. In addition, Xylitol can cause a life-threatening drop in blood sugar in dogs.


9. GRAPES AND RAISINS



The severity of symptoms vary between dogs, but grapes have been known to cause kidney failure. Kidney failure can cause death in three to four days.


Since raisins are just dried grapes, they have the same toxic effects on dogs. Raisins can cause dehydration, vomiting, and kidney failure in dogs who eat them.


10. YEAST DOUGH



The yeast dough used to make bread can ferment in a dog's stomach and become toxic. It can also expand in the dog's stomach, potentially leading to a ruptured stomach or intestinal tract.


11. APPLE CORES



Be extra careful not to leave apple cores lying around if you have a dog. Apple seeds actually contain cyanide, which can induce seizures, hyperventilation, and even comas in dogs.


12. ALCOHOL



Most people aren't sharing beers or cocktails with their dogs, and that's a good thing. If your dog ingests alcohol, it could have seizures.


13. COFFEE, TEA, OTHER CAFFEINE



Watch out for coffee and tea, even the beans and the grounds. Keep your dog away from cocoa, chocolate, colas, and energy drinks. Caffeine is also in some cold medicines and pain killers. Think your dog had caffeine? Get your dog to the vet as soon as possible.


14. PERSIMMONS, PEACHES, PLUMS



The problem with these fruits is the seeds or pits. Seeds from persimmons can cause problems in a dog's small intestine. They can also block his intestines. That can also happen if a dog eats the pit from a peach or plum. Peach and plum pits also have cyanide, which is poisonous to people and dogs. People know not to eat them. Dogs don't.


15. SALT



It’s not a good idea to share salty foods like chips or pretzels with your dog. Eating too much salt can make your dog seriously thirsty. That means a lot of trips to the fire hydrant and it could lead to sodium ion poisoning. Symptoms of too much salt include vomiting, diarrhea, depression, tremors, high temperature, and seizures. It may even cause death.


If Your Dog Eats What She Shouldn’t

No matter how careful you are, your dog might find and swallow something she shouldn't. Keep the number of your local vet, the closest emergency clinic, and the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center -- (888) 426-4435 -- where you know you can find it. And, if you think your dog has eaten something toxic, call for emergency help right away.





Take a moment to celebrate some of the amazing achievements from people who had virtually no education at all.


He isn’t the one to let something like being the fourth richest man on the planet stop him from getting a good deal.


There is no Nobel Prize for mathematics, but there are equivalents...

Comments